I have a great piece of news to be shared and that is I have been nominated for The Liebster Award by Irene A Waters. A big thanks to you Irene and being nominated by you is itself a source of inspiration and encouragement. I have loved reading your posts and I hope you prosper even more in your blogging journey.
The goal of the Liebster Award is to help generate attention toward new and upcoming bloggers; typically those with 200 followers or less. Participating comes with some rules, but they’re fun ones!
The Rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- (2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- (3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
- (4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
The questions I was asked.
1) When did you start writing in general?
I started writing when I was 8 years old. Whenever there was any birthday of my family friends, I used to write a poem for them in the card I used to make. I remember when my family used to ask me read the poem aloud as they used to love it. The broken English and grammatical errors seem stupid to me now but my feelings were clear and honest. The beauty actually not comes from the words but the feelings with which it is written.
2) Why did you start this blog
I started this blog to increase my vocabulary and improve my writing skills. Actually one of my friends used to blog and I loved the idea of having a small space on the Internet of yours in which you can share whatever you want.
3) What is one of your talents?
I believe that I am a very good dancer. I have done a couple of group stage performances but I am not trained. I am also very creative in doing the art and craft related things.
4)What is a great memory from your past
Cinderella is the Disney princess I tried copying the most, in terms of clothing. That headband thing when she’s in her ballgown – I tried that and ended up breaking my favorite headband in the process. ._. The bow on the pink dress ^ I tried doing with a really long ribbon I had. I also tried making a green necklace. Oh, the joys of being a little kid.
5) What is your favourite season of the year?
My absolute favorite season is Autumn. I just love when the leaves change colors, there is a crispness in the air, and the smell of wood fires burning! These experiences bring me much comfort and a wonderful peace that I look forward to each year.
6) What makes you smile?
Whenever I get a day off from life’s fast pace, I spent solitude time in the park or my garden and enjoy the beauty of nature. During this time I smile to myself enjoying the vivid colors of life.
7) What do you think about the self-publishing vs. traditional publishing debate?
Publishing is a spectrum of choice, from traditional publishers who pay you, will handle most things for you and assume all risk in exchange for certain rights to your book, to self-publishing where you handle everything yourself, pay your own way, and adopt your own risk. And there’s a whole lot more choice in between those two poles.
8) What do you think the future of books is?
The Internet is full of e-books and if we want to enjoy them everywhere we need to buy an e-book reader too, which is not a cheap thing. For example, here’s Amazon, which sold more e-books than books in the past year. Their Kindle device became very popular amongst readers. The number of kindle e-books sold three times as many books on the Kindle so far this year as it did in the same period last year. I think e-books will be an integral part of everyone’s lives.
9) If you have some spare time, what do you do?
I spent time updating the blog and surf online. Otherwise I hang with my friends, watch TV or read novels.
10) Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
I am more spontaneous. It is somewhat also because all my planning go in vain. History is evident that whenever I plan for anything the opposite happens.
The 10 nominees are ( roll drum ) :
- Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Gisela Carmona
- View From the PATH train
- Love, Support, Educate, Advocate, Accept…
- Ashley Nicole
- A View From My Summerhouse
- Knowledge Adddiction
For the rest 3 nominees, I’ll take a bit more time..
Here are your questions, people! Have fun!
1. What’s the best adventure you’ve ever had?
2. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
3. If you were an animal, what would you be?
4. What’s the one food you can’t live without?
5. What is your life motto?
6. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
7. If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why?
8. Name a gift you will never forget.
9. What is your biggest addiction?
10. Confess something.